Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Culprit

In an incredible compromise, I convinced the doctors at my job to allow me to answer all emergency patient phone calls after hours for them.  This allows me to spend only two and a half days in the office, without a significant reduction in pay.  Score!  This arrangement works generally well, however there are times when I need Jackson to play independently while I manage a patient's call.

One such situation came up earlier this week.  I answered my phone and Jackson ran off into his bedroom, presumably to look at his books or puzzles.  When finished with the patient (only 2 minutes, tops!), I went in to check on him and found the room completely topsy turvy.  Books off shelves.  Drawers of clothing emptied.  Furniture turned over.  I looked around in utter amazement at the amount of destruction this little body was able to accomplish in such a short time and asked in disbelief, "What happened here?!"  In the sweet way only a toddler can, Jackson proudly pointed to himself announced, "ME!"

Yes, sweetheart.  You happened, and everyday I have the privilege to be your mom.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment