Tuesday, February 9, 2010

...and Life Strikes Again!

It's funny, and this has happened a few times.  But when I am up against a wall, tired and frustrated and bored with what I am doing, life throws me a curveball.

A position opened up in my office for a more administrative type nursing position, as the Egg Donor Coordinator.  I am now recruiting, screening and coordinating cycles between egg donors and their respective recipients.

I can still do it part time from home (which is great!) and it came with a pay raise (also great!).  Even better, I am now giving up taking call a few nights, which means a couple days of blessed silence, where I don't have to be a slave to my phone.

Even though it's a few extra hours of work, I am only in the office each morning, and home by 1:30 at the latest.  This gives me the afternoon to decompress and write, while Jackson naps.  When he wakes up, I have relaxed and can completely focus on being a great mom.

On a side note, Jackson has taken to saying "hug-a-mama" whenever he wants to be held a little longer, like before bed or a diaper change.  He wraps his little arms around my neck and snuggles in as tight as he can, then murmurs those sweet little words.  What is a mom to do with sweetness like that?  How could I possibly turn my little man down??

1 comment:

  1. what a sweet boy :-) he certainly knows how to get what he wants!!

    ReplyDelete